To apply for recognition of prior learning or recognition of current competency, you are required to supply documentation to ascertain as to whether or not you are eligible to receive exemptions in the Certificate IV in Real Estate Practice.
You will be required to put together a portfolio of evidence (using the assessment tool kit provided) aligned to the learning outcomes of the specific units of competency from the CPP - Property Services Training Package.
These may include:
- Certificates and Diplomas
- Statements of Attainments
- Adult education courses and in-house training
- Business documents or reports that are used in your role as a sales agent, office manager or property manager
- Pamphlets, brochures, newsletters or flyers that are used in your role as a sales agent or property manager
- References which confirms your knowledge and experience in a subject matter.
PLEASE NOTE: The onus is on you to provide sufficient evidence to satisfy our assessors that you currently hold the relevant competencies. In determining whether you have presented sufficient evidence, the assessor must ensure that all evidence is:
- Address the elements and performance criteria
- Reflect the skills, knowledge and context described in the competency standard
- Demonstrate the skills and knowledge are applied in real or simulated workplace situations
- Demonstrate the candidate's current skills and knowledge
- Comply with current standards
- Demonstrate competence over a period of time
- Demonstrate competence that is able to be repeated
- Comply with language, literacy and numeracy levels which match those required by the work task (not beyond)
- Be the work of the candidate
- Be able to be verified as genuine.
Exemptions will be granted for the units below, if you supply either of the following:
For recognition of prior learning (RPL) - a current certificate of registration and provide a letter from your employer confirming employment as an Assistant Agent and that you have the current competencies in the job, to carry out your duties and functions.
For recognition of current competency (RCC) – a copy of your transcript which has the units below;
- CPPREP4001 Prepare for professional practice in real estate
- CPPREP4002 Access and interpret ethical practice in real estate
- CPPREP4003 Access and interpret legislation in real estate
- CPPREP4004 Establish marketing and communication profiles in real estate
- CPPREP4005 Prepare to work with real estate trust accounts.
If you have completed units of competency from a qualification and it’s based on identified equivalence in content and learning outcomes between matched qualifications, then a credit transfer will be granted.
The cost for RPL assessment is calculated at $200 an hour. If you decide to proceed with the course after receiving exemptions, the total fee of the RPL assessment is deducted from the total cost of the course.
If you wish to enrol into the CPP41419 Certificate IV in Real Estate Practice please complete the online enrolment form . Once we receive it, the RPL/RCC assessment tool kit is emailed to your address. Alternatively, by sending an email to [email protected], you can receive the tool kit if you are only applying for exemptions from the Certificate IV in Real Estate Practice.